EURAXESS Korea links researchers in Korea with Europe. Free information and events on research funding, research careers, mobility and collaboration opportunities.
EURAXESS Korea has been launched in 2018. Join our growing community of researchers!
Career and Funding
Find collaborators for your research cooperation or hosts for your mobility projects within the EURAXESS community!
Browse our database and create personalised alerts for funding: hundreds of support schemes for research cooperation and mobility between the Korea and Europe are available!
Through our job portal, find the job offer to continue your career in research!
Find more about European scientific and innovation cooperation between Europe and Korea.
Enter the EURAXESS community, find collaborators (researchers) and browse for member institutions for potential collaboration/hosting!
There are numerous opportunities for mobility and research collaboration between Europe and Korea. Find out more browsing out database which you can use for personalised searches!
For individual researchers: find the position you always wanted, through our offer database of research-related jobs in Europe.
For research institutions: advertise your offers on our portal, the most important one in Europe!
Discover our Publications and Events
Our objective at EURAXESS Korea is double:
- To provide you a sure and reliable information source on Europe-Korea opportunities for mobility and research cooperation;
- To support networking between researchers and institutions in our community and beyond.
To this effect, we provide you with various tools for information, and hold specific, regular events, which are information and networking platforms for researchers.
Browse useful information we collected for you.
Find out more about Horizon 2020, the biggest EU funding programme for research and innovation! Keep yourself informed about current research collaboration between Europe and Korea.
European Member States and Associated Countries: Representations and Researcher Associations
Below find a list of useful websites regarding European countries’ collaboration with Korea – information about embassies and related S&T offices in Korea, national EURAXESS websites for mobile researchers as well as Korean-European joint research structures.
Albanian Honorary Consulate General in Seoul
(+82) 2 3462-6484
Embassy of Austria -- Advantage Austria
No representation yet
No representation yet
No representation yet
Embassy of Finland -- Team Finland
No representation yet
Embassy of France -- Scientific Cooperation Attaché
France- Korea Scientific cooperation programme STAR
Embassy of Greece -- Political Section
Embassy of Italy -- Science, Technology, Energy and Environment
No representation yet
No representation yet
Embassy of the Netherlands -- Netherlands Office for Science & Technology
About Innovation, Technology and Science in Netherlands, in Korean:
Embassy of Spain -- Spanish Economic and Commercial Office
Korea & Spain Innovating Program for Technological Cooperation
Embassy of Sweden -- Science and Innovation Officer
Embassy of Switzerland -- Science & Technology Office
British Embassy -- Science & Innovation Network
- Horizon 2020
The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions
Research Fellowship Programme
- European Research Council (ERC)
Funding body for European Union frontier research
- National Contact Points
Network of National Contact Points
- European Research Area (ERA)
An Open Space for Knowledge
- Delegation of the European Union to Korea
For information on all the latest developments shaping EU-Korea relations.
The European Council of doctoral candidates and young researchers
- European Commission's Directorate-General for Research (DG Research)
The European Commission Directorate for science, research and development.
Framework Program 7 call information and research news.
The magazine of the European research area.
- European Commission's Directorate-General for Information Society and Media (DG Infso)
The European Commission Directorate for Information Society and Media
- What's New in European Research
European research news
- European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC)
European funding body to support investigator-driven frontier research.
- COST - European cooperation in Science and Technology
Supporting cooperation among scientists and researchers across Europe
The leading platform for R&D-performing entrepreneurs in Europe and beyond
- Ministry of Science and ICT: http://english.msip.go.kr/english/main/main.do
- National Research Council of Science and Technology: http://www.nst.re.kr/nst_en/about/01_02.jsp
National Research Council of Science and Technology (NST) aspires to provide policy support for national research projects and drive the development of knowledge industries by supporting, fostering, and systematically managing science and technology government-funded research institutes.
- Korean Academy of Science and Technology:http://www.kast.or.kr/html/en_intro_kast.php
KAST contributes to national development by promoting science and technology through active participation of its member scientists and engineers who have demonstrated professional excellence domestically and internationally in their respective fields.
- Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies: http://www.kofst.or.kr/kofst_us/index_old.html
KOFST foster and support the science and technology societies, encourage scientists to engage with society and enhance the rights and interests of scientists
- National Research Foundation of Korea: http://www.nrf.re.kr/eng/main
The aim of the NRF is to optimize and advance the national basic research funding system that encompasses all academic research fields
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology: http://kist_school.kist.re.kr/
The Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) is a science and technology institute working to bring better quality of life to all people by preparing for the future.
- Korean Institute of Science and Technology Information: http://www.kisti.re.kr/eng/
KISTI is government research institute and aims to promote national S&T competitiveness by building science and technology R&D infrastructure
- Korea Basic Science Institute: http://www.kbsi.re.kr/eng
KBSI Conducts R&D on research facilities & equipment and analytical S&T, and joint research and support for promoting basic science
- Korea Institute for Advanced Studies: http://www.kias.re.kr/main/main.jsp
Korea Institute for Advanced Studies (KIAS) was founded in 1996 by Korean Government to promote research excellence in the basic sciences.
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute: https://www.etri.re.kr/eng/main/main.etri
ETRI makes contribution to the nation’s economic and social development through research, development and distribution of industrial core technologies in the field of Information, Communications, Electronics, Broadcasting and Convergence technologies
- Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science: http://www.kriss.re.kr/eng/main/main.html
As a government-funded research institute, KRISS has provided the foundation for the advancement of science and technology through the establishment of national measurement standards, R&D of measurement technologies, and dissemination of national measurement standards
- National Fusion Research Institute: https://www.nfri.re.kr/eng/index
As the leading research institution in the field of fusion energy research and development, the NFRI aims to promote new fusion research and to pioneer develop, and diffuse new fusion technology
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute: https://www.kaeri.re.kr/english/
Established in 1959, the Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute(KAERI) is the first science and technology research institute in Korea to be mandated to achieve energy self-reliance through nuclear technology
- Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute: https://www.kasi.re.kr/eng/index
As the national research institute for astronomy since 1974, KASI has conducted research activities, in particular, by developing, establishing, and operating medium- and large-sized observational facilities and instruments and has laid the foundation for the advances of science
- Korea Aerospace Research Institute: https://www.kari.re.kr/eng.do
KARI contributes to solid development of the national economy and enhancement of national life through a new exploration and technological advancements, development, and dissemination in the field of aerospace science and technology.
- Korea Institute of Energy Research: http://www.kier.re.kr/eng/
KIER's R&D areas include improving efficiency and securing environment-friendly way in use of limited conventional energy resources such as oil, coal as well as natural gas and exploring new energy sources such as solar, wind and water as well as its commercialization
- Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute: http://www.keri.re.kr/html/en/
KERI is a government-funded research institute specializing in R&Ds on electrotechnology. Since our foundation as a state-authorized testing institution in 1976, we have made remarkable achievements over the years and emerged as one of the leading electrotechnology research institutes
- Green Technology Center: http://www.gtck.re.kr/frt/en/main.do
GTC supports national green technology policymaking and global cooperation
- Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology: http://www.kribb.re.kr/eng/main/main.jsp
KRIBB carries out R&D activities and related projects in the field of bioscience and biotechnology in joint effort with other research institutes, academia, and businesses at home and abroad
- Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine: https://www.kiom.re.kr/contents/siteMain.do?srch_mu_site=WEB&srch_mu_lang=ENG
KIOM contributes to improvement of public health through specialized and systematic research on promotion and development of Korean medicine, Korean medicine services, and herbal medicine
- Korea Institute of Industrial Technology: http://eng.kitech.re.kr/main/
Contributes to growth of manufacturing industry through development, application & commercialization of manufacturing technologies and supports for SMEs
- Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology: https://www.kict.re.kr/eng
KICT contributes to resolving social issues, creating jobs, and innovative growth through construction R&D projects closely associated with citizens’ living
- Korea Railroad Research Institute: http://www.krri.re.kr/html/en/
KRRI creates new value of railroad technology through demand-focused convergence research
- Korea Food Research Institute: http://eng.kfri.re.kr/index.do
Conducting researches on longevity science, functional foods, safe distribution and food processing technology to improve the health of the people and the quality of their life; spreading the research achievements
- Korean Institute of Toxicology: https://www.kitox.re.kr/kitox_eng/main.php
Korea Institute of Toxicology (KIT), which was established in January 2002, aims to improve public health and increase human welfare by leading the research development on safety assessment technologies and providing test services specializing in relevant fields
- Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources: https://www.kigam.re.kr/english/
Korea institute of geoscience and mineral resources(kigam) is the unique government-funded research organization where the top-notch geoscience researches are ongoing
- Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials:https://www.kimm.re.kr/e_main
KIMM contributes to economic growth of the nation by performing research & development (R&D) on key technologies in the area of mechanical engineering
- Korea Institute of Materials Science: http://www.kims.re.kr/v17/bbx/content.php?co_id=en_01_08
As a government-funded research institute, our objective at KIMS is to comprehensively facilitate R&D, test and evaluation and provide technical support related to materials technology in order to promote innovative technology and industrial development
- Korea Foundation: http://en.kf.or.kr/?menuno=3722
The Korea Foundation enhances understanding of Korea and promotes global friendship through international exchange activities.
- World Institute of Kimchi: http://www.wikim.re.kr/index.es?sid=a2
A government-funded research institute established to perform research and development related to kimchi, to lead national technological innovation, nature and develop the kimchi industry that will boost the national growth.
- Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology: https://www.kiost.ac.kr/eng.do
- Korea Maritime Institute: https://www.kmi.re.kr/eng/main/main.do?rbsIdx=1
- Korea Institute of Public Administration: https://www.kipa.re.kr/site/eng/main.do
- Korea Institute of Chemical Technology: https://english.krict.re.kr/eng/main
- Korea Transport Institute: https://english.koti.re.kr/
- Korea Institute of Public Finance: https://www.kipf.re.kr/eng/index.do
- Korea Legislation Research Institute: https://www.klri.re.kr/eng.do
- Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements: http://eng.krihs.re.kr/
- Korea Development Institute: http://www.kdi.re.kr/kdi_eng/main/main.jsp
- Korea Institute for International Economic Policy: http://www.kiep.go.kr/eng/
- Korea Institute for National Unification: https://www.kinu.or.kr/main/engM
- Korea Rural Economic Institute: http://www.krei.re.kr/eng
- Korean Women's Development Institute: http://eng.kwdi.re.kr/
- National Youth Policy Institute: https://www.nypi.re.kr/contents/site.do?srch_mu_lang=ENG
- Korea Institute of Criminology: https://eng.kic.re.kr/
- Korea Energy Economics Institute: http://www.keei.re.kr/main.nsf/index_en.html
- Korea Institute of Child Care and Education: https://kicce.re.kr/eng/index.do
- Korea Environment Institute: https://www.kei.re.kr/eng/
- Korea Information Society Development Institute: http://www.kisdi.re.kr/kisdi/jsp/fp/eng/main.jsp
- Korea Educational Development Institute: https://www.kedi.re.kr/eng/kedi/main/main.do
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs: https://www.kihasa.re.kr/english/main.do
- Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training: https://www.krivet.re.kr/eng/eu/index.jsp
- Architecture & Urban Research Institute: https://www.auri.re.kr/eng/
- National Research Council: https://www.nrc.re.kr/eng/
- National Institute of Forest Science: https://eng-nifos.forest.go.kr/kfsweb/kfs/subIdx/Index.do?mn=UEFR
European Research Career Sites:
- Find A Postdoc
- Find scholarships in Europe
- Find PhDs in Europe
- Academic Transfer.com: https://www.academictransfer.com/en/
- Academic Jobs EU
- Euro Science Jobs
- European Job Mobility Portal
- Careers with the European Union: European Personnel Selection Office
- Careers with the European Union (EPSO), non-permanent positions
- European Southern Observatory (ESO) recruitment portal
- CERN job portal
- Joint Research Centre external staff recruitment portal
- Austrian Database for Scholarships and Research Grants
- Belgian Federal Portal for Research and Innovation
- Cyprusâ Research Promotion Foundation Database
- Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science Funding Guide
- Estonian Research Portal
- Estonian Scholarships and International Degrees Portal
- France PhD portal
- CNRS external examination portal
- CEA PhD and Postdoctorate offers portal
- DAADâs Research in Germany Portal
- DAAD Research Fellowships and Grants Portal
- Max Planck Societyâs job portal
- Helmoltz Associationâs job portal
- Irish Research Council Funding Portal
- Italian National Research Council vacancies
- BBSRC vacancies (UK)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council vacancies (UK)
- Academic and Research Jobs Korea: http://www.arjk.net/index.php
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology: https://eng.kist.re.kr/kist_eng/?sub_num=427
- Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute: https://www.kasi.re.kr/eng/post/eng_jobopening
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute: https://www.etri.re.kr/engcon/sub4/sub4_02.etri
- Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials: https://www.kimm.re.kr/e_qualific
- Korea Institute of Materials Science: http://www.kims.re.kr/v17/bbx/content.php?co_id=en_03_01
- Korea Institute of Energy Research: https://www.kier.re.kr/board?menuId=MENU00674&siteId=null
- Korea Institute for Advanced Studies: http://www.kias.re.kr/sub03/sub03_02_07.jsp
- Academic and Research Jobs Korea: http://www.arjk.net/index.php
- Seoul National University:http://www.useoul.edu/job-openings
- Pohang University of Science and Technology: https://facultyapplication.postech.ac.kr/eng/
- Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology: https://www.kaist.ac.kr/en/html/footer/0803.html
- Yonsei University:http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/en_sc/recruit/recruit_progress.jsp
- Korea University: https://gmsportal.korea.ac.kr/recruit/index_staff.jsp
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies:http://builder.hufs.ac.kr/user/indexSub.action?framePath=unknownboard&siteId=hufs&dum=dum&boardId=41978&page=1&command=view&boardSeq=105030606
- Kyunghee University: http://k-recruit.khu.ac.kr/hjis2/index_eng.html
- Sungkyunkwan University: https://faculty.skku.edu/faculty_eng/index.do
- Hanyang University: https://portal.hanyang.ac.kr/huas/iycy/hycy.do
- Ewha Womens University: https://eureka.ewha.ac.kr/eureka/ea/ea/sf/EASFBoardController.do?method=getIndex
- Busan University: http://www.pusan.ac.kr/eng/CMS/Contents/Contents.do?mCode=MN042
- Kyungpook University:http://en.knu.ac.kr/admission/visiting02.htm
- Dongguk University: https://dharma.dongguk.edu/?uid=1501405&mod=document&page_id=18355
- Sookmyung University: http://pool.sookmyung.ac.kr/
- Ajou University: http://faculty.ajou.ac.kr/faculty_en/intro/intro01.jsp
- Korea Aerospace University:http://www.kau.ac.kr/page/english/media/notice.jsp?search_boardId=14
About EURAXESS Korea
We promote researcher mobility and cooperation. We serve researchers
of all nationalities, all disciplines, and at all career stages. Membership is free!
We focus on two actions:
To provide regular, tailored and reliable information
To organise networking and information events
Our community is looking for students, researchers and research managers
who are interested in Europe-Korea research collaboration or mobility.
Contact us for more information or for announcements to the community!
Dr. Tomasz Wierzbowski
EURAXESS Korea Coordinator
supported by JiYe Chun
EURAXESS Korea Office:
EU Institute at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
#302 Main Building, HUFS, Seoul Campus 107, Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, 02450.
tel.: +82 2 2173 2897