The Institut Pasteru is looking for an organised and analytical Coordinator with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills to represent the Institut Pasteur (IP) in Japan, provide support for its activities in the country, and promote the visibility of its presence and its missions.
You will facilitate communications with partners in Japan; connect scientists and representatives from IP, the IP International Network (IPIN), and Japanese organisations (academic, public, and private) with relevant parties; provide assistance to the Pasteur Japan Foundation (Fondation Pasteur Japon/FPJ); and organise promotional activities. You will be in charge of various administrative tasks, including managing correspondence, organising visits, participating in meetings, and disseminating information. You will also analyse and optimise office processes and policies, develop creative solutions to problems, answer questions, and take part in financial planning and decision-making.
To succeed in this position, you should be committed to providing attentive support for both internal and external parties, as well as ensuring consistent and efficient operations. You should be courteous, analytical, proactive, and organised.
- Educational background: at least a PhD, preferably in life sciences
- Professional experience: at least 3 years
- Languages: fluency in English; knowledge of Japanese or French is highly appreciated
- Understanding of Japanese and Asian culture, tradition, and philosophy
- Personal characteristics: cooperative, proactive, positive, patient, courteous, professional appearance
- Business skills:Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; Creativity and problem-solving skills; Solid presentation skills; Strong task and time management skills; Basic mathematical skills; understanding of basic financial concepts; Proficiency with office technology and equipment, including computers, printers, scanners, and copiers
Please send your CV, cover letter, and two references to omar.choa[-at-]pasteur.fr before 30 September 2019.