French Institutes for Advanced Study is an international mobility fellowship programme offering high-level scientific residencies in the four IAS of Paris, Lyon, Marseille, and Montpellier.
The FIAS fellowship programme will support individual researchers conducting bottom-up research with the greatest freedom, with the IAS strong scientific and extra-academic support. FIAS offers on average 30 fellowships of 10 month per academic year.
The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the four Institutes of Paris, Lyon, Montpellier and Marseille. It welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists primarily in the fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
31 positions are available for the 2021-2022 Academic Year:
The call is open to all disciplines in the Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) and all research fields. Research projects from other sciences that propose a transversal dialogue with SSH are also eligible. Some of the four IAS have scientific priorities they will focus on more specifically.
The Fellows will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment offered by the IAS, in an interdisciplinary cohort of fellows and in close relation to the local research potential. The fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct research as they wish.
FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists. The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
Researchers from all countries are eligible to the Programme but they have to have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
FIAS fellowships offer the following conditions:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month *
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave*
- Adequate social security coverage
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows, including individual offices, special access and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, multiple collective spaces
- Skills training opportunities
Deadline: 15 September 2020.