ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/02/2021 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Großbeeren
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) is seeking to hire a scientist and project manager in the group open-field horticultural crops (HORTSYS.1), initially for a period of two years:
Scientist Open field horticultural systems
Reference number 01/2021/4
The scientist will be working at the IGZ site in Großbeeren (close to Berlin). The salary will be based on qualification and research experience according to the wage agreement TV-L, up to EG 14 (100% of the regular working time). Part-time employment is possible.
The role has become available with the retirement of a senior scientist, and the group Open field horticultural systems has a number of ongoing projects and staff. The post is suitable for a scientist who is seeking to gain more experience in interacting with a group, and to join an actively growing and developing programme area of the IGZ. We require a scientist who is highly organised, has excellent team-work skills and a good scientific track-record relevant to the broad area of interest of this group. The post-holder will need to communicate effectively, with collaborators both within and outside the institute as well as key stake-holders such as farmers. For example the design and regulation of fertiliser application strategies is an important topic for this group and the IGZ. The IGZ combines fundamentally excellent research with the development of sustainable horticulture in the context of climate change. This post is key to the IGZ mission as it offers significant potential for developing resource efficient methods for increasing horticultural yields with a low carbon footprint as well as the opportunity to enhance carbon sequestration in the soil.
- Independent scientific research in sustainability and resilience of horticultural crop production systems
- Publishing results in scientific and professional journals
- Design, creation and interpretation of experimental work at the IGZ and in cooperation with practice
- Applications for grants from national and international calls, as well as project management
- Active networking and cooperation with national and international partners
- Continuation of cooperation with existing networks and partners in horticultural production, associations and (local) public research organisations
- Further development of decision support systems for field vegetable production
- A master or equivalent degree and A PhD or similar within the field of horticulture or other relevant disciplines
- A person with very good knowledge level in horticultural crop production, plant nutrition, and/or soil science
- Experience in experimental design/experimentation as well as in handling contacts with public bodies
- Efficient and independent style of work
- Analytical and system-based thinking
- Very good in communicating in English and German
- Ability to work in a team
- Independent development of application-oriented research projects and participation in existing projects
- Flexible and family-friendly working time and place-of-work models
- A state of the art horticultural research centre in proximity to Berlin
Please send a letter of motivation, CV, details of three references and copies of academic certificates.
We support the compatibility of work, family and care. IGZ is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially. The IGZ wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background. In order to increase the proportion of female employees in this area, we hereby specifically invite women to apply.
Please send your application citing the reference number by 14/02/2021 to: Personalbüro, Leibniz Institute for Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ), Theodor-Echtermeyer-Weg 1, D-14979 Großbeeren or online in pdf-format to email@example.com.
EURAXESS offer ID: 595659
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.