RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/04/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › FLORENCE
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Center for Colloid and Surface Science (CSGI) – University of Florence is partner of the Project ‘“INNOVACONCRETE – Innovative Materials and Techniques for the Conservation of 20th Century Concrete-based Cultural Heritage” (n 760858), financed by the European Programme Horizon 2020, call H2020-NMBP-2016-2017-RIA.
CSGI offers a position as a First Stage Researcher (R1) in the framework of the INNOVACONCRETE project. The fellow will have the possibility to work at world–class scientific level in multidisciplinary and international teams.
Time period: May 1st, 2019 – December 31st, 2020
Location: University of Florence, Department of Chemistry “Ugo Schiff” in via della Lastruccia 3, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy
Job Requirements: CSGI is looking for a highly motivated and creative researcher with a master’s degree in chemistry (or equivalent) with knowledge of the following fields:
• monitoring of the cleaning process of architectural surfaces;
• characterization of the structural, physical and chemical properties of bulk and surfaces, determination of the nature of the materials to be removed (inorganic or biological);
• use of gels and enzymes for the cleaning of stone surfaces;
• set-up and management of research laboratories. Good attitude in working in a team.
Candidates must show a good attitude in working in a team, strong analytical and organizational skills.
Gross salary: up to EUR. 40.000 € for the time period above specified.
All candidates must send:
1. a signed application letter specifying: surname and name, date of birth, address, e-mail and telephone number;
2. the curriculum vitae et studiorum;
3. the degree certificate with the scores of each exam and final evaluation;
4. the list of all titles and documents that can be relevant for the selection;
All applications must arrive by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12th, 2019 (05:00 PM CET). Please report the CALL ID (CSGI-FI-05/2019) in the subject of the email.
A colloquium with the evaluating committee might be requested. The colloquium can take place either face-to-face or via Skype.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
EURAXESS offer ID: 390288