ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier ITQB NOVA
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/03/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Oeiras
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK35
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier (ITQB NOVA)
Call for a PhD Researcher
By order of the Rector of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, issued on February 7th 2019, and in accordance with the Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, with the amendment introduced by Law 57/2017 of 19 July, ITQB NOVA opens a call for a PhD Researcher, in the scope of a project financed by FCT, entitled “Staphylococcus epidermidis adaptation to nitric oxide produced by the innate immune system”, reference PTDC/BIA-MIC/31566/2017.
Academic Qualifications: PhD in Biochemistry.
General admission requirements:
1) PhD in Biochemistry;
2) Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
Specific admission requirements:
1) Experience of at least two years in areas related to the project;
2) Experience in molecular genetics;
3) Experience in Staphylococcus manipulation;
4) Experience in handling and infection of animal cells;
5) Experience in methodologies that can be an added value to the execution of the project;
6) Experience in protein expression, purification and characterization.
Category and applicable legislation: PhD Researcher, salary index to the Single Salary Table (TRU) level 33, approved by Decreto-Regulamentar nº 11-A/2017, 29 November.
It is foreseen that the contract starts in May 2019. Employment contract for an uncertain term (according to the article 18, paragraph b), and paragraph 1 and 3 of article 6, DL No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19, with an initial period of 6 months, eventually renewable up to a maximum of 3 years.
Documents required in the application:
Detailed Curriculum vitae;
Contacts of two references;
Evaluation of application (Curriculum vitae and motivation letter considering the evaluation criteria from Minute number 1) - 90%
Interview - 10%
- Doctor Sandra Carvalho, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor Lígia Saraiva, ITQB NOVA;
- Professor Doctor Miguel Teixeira, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor Filipe Folgosa, ITQB NOVA.
Submission and deadlines of applications: The application call starts on March 15th and ends on March 28th. 2019.
All documents must be sent as a single PDF file by email to email@example.com indicating the reference 31566-07-2019-FCT in the subject.
Notification of Results: All candidates will be informed of the decisions by e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 390285