ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier ITQB NOVA
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/04/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Oeiras
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK35
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica António Xavier (ITQB NOVA)
Call for a PhD Researcher
By order of the Rector of Universidade Nova de Lisboa, issued on February 7th 2019, and in accordance with the Decree-Law nº 57/2016 of 29 August, with the amendment introduced by Law 57/2017 of 19 July, ITQB NOVA opens a call for a PhD Researcher, in the scope of a project financed by FCT, entitled “Using computational and experimental methods to provide a global characterization of viral fusion peptides”, reference PTDC/CCI-BIO/28200/2017.
Academic Qualifications: PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Computational Biology or related areas.
General admission requirements:
1) PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Computational Biology or related areas;
2) Strong motivation to conduct scientific research;
3) Ability to work autonomously;
4) Good organizational, communication and team work skills;
3) Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
Specific admission requirements:
1) Research experience in the field of molecular simulation, demonstrated in scientific publications;
2) Experience in Unix based systems.
Work Plan: The selected candidate will apply molecular simulation methodologies to the study of fusion peptides from different viruses and their interaction with model membranes.
Category and applicable legislation: PhD Researcher, salary index to the Single Salary Table (TRU) level 33, approved by Decreto-Regulamentar nº 11-A/2017, 29 November.
It is foreseen that the contract starts in May 2019. Employment contract for an uncertain term (according to the article 18, paragraph b), and paragraph 1 and 3 of article 6, DL No. 57/2016, of August 29, amended by Law No. 57/2017, of July 19, with an initial period of 6 months, eventually renewable up to a maximum of 30 months.
Documents required in the application:
Detailed Curriculum vitae;
Two reference letters;
Evaluation of application (Curriculum vitae and motivation letter considering the evaluation criteria from Minute number 1) - 90%
Interview - 10%
- Doctor Diana Lousa, ITQB NOVA;
- Professor Doctor Cláudio Soares, presidente, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor Isabel Rocha, efective member, ITQB NOVA;
- Doctor Manuel Melo, substitute member, ITQB NOVA.
Submission and deadlines of applications: The application call starts on March 15th and ends on April 12th, 2019
All documents must be sent as a single PDF file by email to email@example.com indicating the reference 28200-06-2019-FCT in the subject.
Notification of Results: All candidates will be informed of the decisions by e-mail.
EURAXESS offer ID: 390284